Sunday, May 18, 2008

This week I'll be house/dog-sitting for some friends at church. It feels really weird to not really have anything to do. I have to keep telling myself that it's ok if I just sit down and read a book or watch movies. I'm just not sure what to do with myself. I think I'll find something, though.

I'll be talking to my contact at YBM in Korea about setting up a contract this week. I'm hoping that we'll be able to work it out and get more details about when I can go. It's looking like the end of July, though.

Something odd has happened in the last month: I've gotten this really strong feeling that I want to go back to Brazil. In Portuguese they have a word that they use when they miss someone that is stronger than the English word. That word is 'saudade'. You have saudade for someone or something that you long for. I'm feeling saudade towards Brazil right now.

Perhaps I'll meet a handsome Brazilian who wants to be a missionary in Korea, and then I'll be able to move to Brazil. Wishful thinking? Maybe.

4 comments:

Mollie Richardson said...

I hear there are tons of hot Brazilians in Korea so I think your wishful thinking is spot on...or something.

All the African missionaries I've met say the guys go to China and the girls go to Africa; I wonder who goes to Korea?

Its all very exciting!

melissa said...

pshah. definitely not wishful thinking. totally doable. how's your summer going?

Anonymous said...

How you doing, Grace?

melissa said...

hey--sorry i missed your call the other day. I was up in Kansas for a wedding and didn't really have my phone on me all day. I'm in rsvl. for a while too, so give me a call and we'll hang out!